Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How many hours?????????????

So I have been struggling through the reading, the outlining, and basically doing my best to keep my head above water.  It was mentioned to me today that after the two hours of academic tutoring on Sunday several of my classmates spent another 4 hours (yes four, making that a total of 6 hours on a Sunday) in a study group for just one of our classes.  Now, I am about getting good grades, but I am in no way willing to spend a total of 6 hours on a Sunday studying, and they didn't finish, so they are going back again this Sunday.  I don't know if it is events in my life this year, or what but I have no intention of giving up that much of my life.  I am happy with getting a C so I can pass and not have to take a class again.  That is way too much time to be away from family and friends, and giving up all the fun things in life that make life worth living.  I realize I used to be that competitive and that obsessive about getting good grades, but I just don't see the trade off being worth it.  Tell me how missing out on  an Adele concert to spend 6 hours studying is going to make my life better.  How much is that A really worth?  I have come to the conclusion that I am very willing to give up getting the A so that I can enjoy life.  A lawyer who graduates last in her class is still has a J.D.  While I don't want to be last, I just want to pass and still enjoy life.  If I can't do both I will have to seriously look at law school and what value and place it really has in my life.  I am already giving up seeing my friends on any kind of regular basis have had to turn down invites to events 'with eligible guys' because I am in class 3 nights a week and doing almost 200 pages of reading a week, plus outlining and trying to make heads and tails of mid-term prep.  I guess we will see how life goes and how this semester ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment