Thursday, January 17, 2013

waiting for grades

I am still waiting for grades.  I have started the Spring semester without all of my grades.  The two grades that were posted, had me where I thought I would be - but in all honesty I was hoping for slightly higher grades.  I found out my grades while I was on vacation in the U.S. Virgin Islands - I decided before I saw my grades that if I had failed out of law school I would be crashing on my friends couch while I looked for a job down there.  I am back here in North Carolina sitting in class talking about the Federal Rules of Evidence and unfair prejudice.  BUT, I am still waiting for one grade to come in.  I am hoping I stay in law school, because let's be honest who want to flunk out of law school?  Not I.  Yet, a the same time I am wishing I was back on a sunny warm beach, with a happy disposition.  While I wait for my last grade to get posted I am sitting in class, enjoying that I am here but missing being on the beach.  I am enjoying law school but not the stress it brings into my life.
I am no longer regretting starting law school - I have not found my balance, but I am hoping I am getting closer to it.  I think more trips to the beach are in my future - and a reunion with the USVIs immediately after I take the NC bar exam if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment